We’ve been keeping an eye on Hegid for a while and are great admirer’s of their innovative approach to watchmaking.
Hegid introduced the patented EVOL® system, which allows its mechanical watches to be transformed in a few seconds while preserving their precise watchmaking properties. Now, the brand is moving forward, strengthening it’s portfolio with the Mirage collection, the first comprehensive creation of its new artistic director, Jerôme Coste.
The new watch was born from a mirage, a pure fantasy, the nostalgic dream of a happy era. At the end of the 1960s, between the continuation of the Dolce Vita and the expression of new aspirations, a boundless appetite for freedom was leading to a promising future. This mirage took the form of a romantic ride on an elegant and racy transalpine supercar, more specifically a Lamborghini Miura.
The bold lines of the Italian cars at the genesis of ‘Wedge Design’ inspired the aerodynamic curves of the Mirage watch. Its design features a retro-futuristic balance in the blend of rounded corners and the frank lines of the chamfer surrounding it.
The Capsule Mirage, the mechanical heart of the watch, is distinguished by its radiant and sophisticated dial. The delicate moving reflections of the light on its sun-finished dial reveal its fine metal hands. These wander between the bright polished steel ‘stick’ markers at the precise rhythm of its mechanical self-winding movement. This Swiss watchmaking engine differs from that of the Inaugural Series by the appearance of an aperture indicating the date, a new second hand with the Hegid monogram and a new openworked oscillating mass, marked with the Hegid signature: EVOLUTION which can be seen on the back of the watch.
Mirage Capsule (€2600.00) :
- Swiss Made automatic mechanical movement (hour and date functions)
- Power reserve of 40 hours
- 100 meters depth waterproofness (crown, tube and screwed bottom)
- Anti-scratch, anti-reflective sapphire glass
- Pearl grey or black dial, sun finishes
- Luminescent hands and relief indexes
- Quick and easy patented titanium EVOL fastener
- Unit serial number engraved
Carrure Mirage (€400.00) :
- Satin brushed finished stainless steel case
- Diameter : 39.6 mm
- Horn to horn : 45.2 mm
Mirage Bracelet (€200.00) :
- Quilted black or nut nappa leather bracelet
- Offered natural rubber bracelet
- “Flash” easy quick fastener
- Steel Hegid pin buckle
For more information please visit https://hegid.com/