In its 75th year, Michel Herbelin is expanding its Cap Camarat collection with a new self-winding Skeletonised model.
Boasting sporty elegance capped with neo-vintage charm, the Cap Camarat remains true to the spirit of the collection inspired by a 1970s timepiece from the watchmaking heritage of French brand Michel Herbelin. This sporty-chic watch is issued in a limited edition of 500 numbered pieces worldwide.
With its characteristic hexagonal structure accentuated by the crown protection, the 42-mm 316L stainless steel case alternates a vertical brushed finish with polished facets, highlighting the sculpted aesthetic. Similar in its finish, the bezel, adorned with six decorative screws, tempers the sharp architecture of the ensemble with its rounded shape.
Also characteristic of the watch designs of the time, the integrated bracelet forms an integral part of the case.
The dial, protected by a sapphire crystal, reveals and showcases the self-winding movement. Free of all superfluous surfaces, it has been skeletonised to match the design of the Cap Camarat. This skeletonisation, given a modern, understated look by the rhodium plated components and wheels, transforms the complex orchestration of the mechanism into an interlacing of sharp, compact and dynamic lines. The oscillating weight has also been skeletonised to render it as transparent as possible.
Presenting a modern vision of skeletonisation and mechanical watchmaking, the Skeletonised Cap Camarat is powered by a Swiss-made self-winding calibre: the Sellita SW400-1. Also visible through the transparent case back, it incorporates 26 jewels, oscillates at 28,800 vibrations per hour and has a 41-hour power reserve.
Engraved on the case back with the number X/500, this limited edition is a watch of character offering versatility of style through a sporty yet elegant aesthetic.
• vertical brushed and polished 316L stainless steel
• bezel in vertical brushed 316L stainless steel decorated with six screws
• sapphire crystal; transparent case back
• diameter: 42 mm; thickness: 10.45 mm
• water-resistant to 100 metres
• limited edition of 500 pieces
• black flange with minute track printed in white
• bevelled black-plated hour markers with luminescent coating
• faceted black-plated rectangular hour and minute hands with luminescent coating
• white painted central seconds hand
• hours, minutes, seconds
• brushed and polished 316L stainless steel, double folding clasp
• Swiss-made automatic (Sellita, SW400-1 calibre)
• 28,800 vph, 26 jewels, 41-hour power reserve
• SRP £1,799.00
For more information Michel Herbelin