Michel Herbelin’s Cap Camarat Automatic has enjoyed tremendous success since its launch in 2018. The latest version introduces a GMT function coupled with a manual worldtimer: a first for Michel Herbelin. Astutely designed for managing time differences with precision, this stylish timepiece is being issued in a limited edition of 500 numbered pieces.
The GMT function is a watch complication that allows wearers to quickly view the local time as well as the time back home. In this case, the time back home is indicated by a hand with a luminescent red-and-white triangle tip that is positioned to the city of choice. Combined with the minute hand, it indicates the time of the second time zone via a 24-hour scale adorned with a two-tone day/night indicator (azure blue/silver).
The Cap Camarat Automatic GMT is also equipped with a manually adjusted worldtimer function. The screw-down crown is used to turn the rotating interior bezel ring to the different reference cities representing the 24 different time zones. We just have to align our time zone to noon to determine the position of the other reference cities according to the local time zone, and then check the 24-hour scale to see the time anywhere in the world at any given moment.
Embellished with vertical brushing and polished facets, the 316L stainless steel 42mm case features a hexagonal shape softened by the roundness of the bezel. The bezel, which has the same finishing, is distinguished by six subtly contrasting decorative screws complementing the whole design. The horizontal-stamped navy blue sunray background showcases the bevelled hour markers as well as the rectangular faceted hour and minute hands.
The Cap Camarat Automatic GMT provides the precision of a quality Swiss movement (Sellita), powered by the SW330-2 automatic calibre, it beats at 28,000 vibrations per hour and has a 56-hour power reserve. Watch collectors and enthusiasts will appreciate the transparent case back revealing the mechanism’s gears, including the Michel Herbelin engraved oscillating weight.
• Brushed and polished 316L stainless steel
• Bezel in brushed 316L stainless steel decorated with six screws
• Sapphire crystal
• Diameter: 42 mm
• Water-resistant to 100 metres
• Numbered limited edition : 500 pieces
• Navy blue sunray, horizontal stamped pattern
• Bevelled hour markers with luminescent coating
• Faceted rectangular hour and minute hands with luminescent coating
• Central second hand with rhodium-plated steel balance and white varnished body
• GMT hand with a red-and-white triangle tip and luminescent coating
• 24-hour scale with two-tone day/night indicator
• Rotating bezel ring with 24-city display
• Date aperture at 3:00 with quick corrector
• Hours, minutes, seconds, date, second time zone, manual worldtimer
• Brushed and polished 316L stainless steel, double folding clasp
• Swiss-made automatic (Sellita, SW330-2 calibre)
• 28,800 vph, 25 jewels
• 56-hour power reserve
• SRP £1,350.00
For more information please visit https://www.michel-herbelin.com/