NORQAIN launches its ultimate sports watch with their own ground-breaking material: NORTEQ. Four models introduce the new Wild ONE line, including one limited edition piece designed together with wildlife ambassador Dean Schneider.
NORQAIN’s Wild ONE is a completely new high-performance sports watch concept that features a proprietary material – NORTEQ – that is six times lighter than steel, 3.5 times lighter than titanium and available in different colours. Marking its watch industry world premiere, NORTEQ conquers the standard black carbon fibre tint by introducing a ground-breaking process that creates different composite colours.
The groundbreaking watch concept was sparked by Jean-Claude Biver, NORQAIN’s Advisor to the Board. He supported the team in innovating and introducing a revolutionary product for sports-enthusiast around the world. The result: a family of high-performance watches made with next-gen material and spectacular design.
“When I began working with NORQAIN, my first step was to challenge the team to innovate; to create a lightweight and shock-resistant timepiece that reflects the brand’s active DNA. This watch concept is exactly the kind of revolutionary development I was hoping for. The Wild ONE collection is the result of close collaboration between the best of the best Swiss suppliers and NORQAIN’s passionate, knowledgeable team. This collection is a 3-in-1 because it combines unique design, a revolutionary new concept and high-tech material. NORTEQ is the optimal material on every level: aesthetics, light weight, robustness and ethical production.”Jean-Claude Biver, Advisor to the Board, NORQAIN
The case has separate top and bottom NORTEQ parts, developed by strategic partner BIWI, which serve as a protective cage and are connected and secured with custom-made screws. Between these parts is a rubber shock absorber that surrounds a titanium container in which ticks the NN20/1 Manufacture Calibre. This special case concept makes the Wild ONE the ultimate high-performance sports watch by exceeding industry standards for shock absorption.
Water resistance to a depth of 200 metres expands the range of sports that the Wild ONE is suited for. In total, the case is made of 25 parts, including four screws which are engraved with a mountain-peak design. Each watch weighs just 84 grams, which is 50% lighter than a stainless steel NORQAIN watch.
The three-level laser-cut dial features an intricate mandala-like pattern of NORQAIN’s mountain-inspired double-N logo. Each level is separated by 0.05mm giving the pattern an eye-catching 3D effect. The rectangular indexes are skeletonised and enhanced with a spot of X1 Superluminova®. The hour, minute and seconds hands of the Wild ONE timepieces are also skeletonised, a distinguishing and much-loved design feature of all the watches in the Independence collection.
A vegan-certified rubber strap with a petite-Milanese structure makes it appropriate for virtually any activity on land and water. A NORTEQ buckle securely fastens the Wild ONE to the wrist. The straps are integrated into the case and underline the Wild ONE’s ultra-sporty character.
The NORQAIN Wild ONE is available with a black NORTEQ case, khaki rubber shock absorber, black dial and khaki rubber strap (GBP £4,290.00); with a black NORTEQ case, blue rubber shock absorber, blue dial and blue rubber strap (GBP £4,290.00); or in an edition limited to 200 pieces with a burgundy NORTEQ case, grey rubber shock absorber, grey dial with red gold indexes and hands, and grey rubber strap (GBP £4,650.00).
- Black NORTEQ cage (top and back plates)
- Khaki rubber shock absorber
- Sandblasted titanium container and case back
- Black NORTEQ “NORQAIN” plate on the left side of the case
- Double anti-reflective, scratch proof, flat sapphire glass on top
- Open case back with scratch proof flat sapphire glass
- Screw-down crown, overmolded with black rubber and “NORQAIN” logo
- 42mm diameter
- 12.30mm thickness
- 49.40mm lug to lug
- 200m water resistance
- Width between lugs of 22mm
- NORQAIN Manufacture Caliber NN20/1
- Mechanical automatic movement
- Chronometer certified
- 28 rubies
- Personalised bridge with NORQAIN core values: “Adventure – Freedom – Independence”
- Personalised NORQAIN oscillating weight
- 70 hours power reserve
- Balance frequency: 28’800 vibrations per hour (4Hz)
- Black dial with 3-level laser-cut NORQAIN mandala-like pattern
- Diamond-cut flat skeleton indexes, rhodium plated, with white X1 Superluminova spots
- Diamond-cut faceted Hour and Minute hands, rhodium plated, white X1 Superluminova-filled tip
- Diamond-cut flat Second Hand, rhodium plated, white X1 Superluminova-filled tip
- Integrated kaki rubber strap with black “Milanese” structure
- Integrated black rubber strap with khaki “Milanese” structure
- Black NORTEQ pin buckle
For more information please visit NORQAIN