To mark 50 years of its chronographs, TUDOR is relaunching its Black Bay Chrono model in steel with a reworked case and two dial options with contrasting sub-counters in the purest tradition of the sports chronograph.
Remaining faithful to the Black Bay aesthetic, the Black Bay Chrono model has made the famous “Snowflake” hands – a brand signature for divers’ watches since 1969 – its own, in a version honed to ensure optimum readability on its domed dial.
Available in two versions, matt black or opaline, the dial includes two hollowed sub-counters in contrasting colours, matt black and white opaline respectively, for optimum readability. Inspired by the first generation of TUDOR chronographs, there is a 45-minute counter and a date aperture positioned at 6 o’clock.
The recognisable characteristics of the Black Bay are preserved in a steel case with a 41-millimetre diameter refined by the ingenious cut of the lower part of the sapphire crystal and a repositioned movement. Typical of the scrupulous attention to detail that is characteristic of the brand, the design of the stainless steel pushers has been inspired by the very first generation of TUDOR chronographs. A fixed bezel in stainless steel with a tachymetric scale insert in black anodised aluminium completes the distinguished appearance of this sporty new chronograph.
The Manufacture Chronograph Calibre MT5813, which powers the Black Bay Chrono model, displays hour, minute, second, chronograph and date functions. It has the finish typical of TUDOR Manufacture Calibres. Its rotor in tungsten monobloc is openwork and satin-brushed with sand-blasted details, and its bridges and mainplate have alternate sand-blasted, polished surfaces and laser decorations.
- Five year GuaranteeFive-year transferable guarantee with no registration or periodic maintenance checks required
- Case: 41 mm steel case with polished and satin finish
- Movement: Manufacture Calibre MT5813 (COSC)
- Self-winding mechanical movement with bidirectional rotor system
- Power Reserve: Power reserve of approximately 70 hours
- Winding Crown: 316L steel screw-down pushers at 2 o’clock and 4 o’clock
- Waterproof to 200 m (660 ft)
- Bezel: Fixed 316L steel bezel with matt black anodised aluminium disc with tachymetric scale and silver markings
- Dial: Opaline with black counters, domed/Black with silver counters, domed – Date at 6 o’clock
- Crystal: Domed sapphire crystal
- Bracelet: Riveted 316L steel bracelet with polished and satin finish with folding clasp and safety catch
Price: £3,660.00 to £3,900.00
For more information please visit https://www.tudorwatch.com